Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3 Supplements Worth Buying

I want to start off this article by my own experience.
I don't remember how it started, I guess it started when I had really bad allergies back in 2005. Every morning and night I will sneeze and have runny nose. My finger itch and sometimes I have red tiny spot on my skin, sometimes other allergies stuff happen. I always though I'm sick, never did I have imagine I'm having allergies, but that's the case. I found out Thyroid Disorder can make immune system down and therefore are prone to allergies and I have Thyroid Disorder, so eventually allergies follows. I'm not sure how to deal with it and was told that allergies will never cured so I got myself allergies medicine from primacies. It was a painful journey because the med was expensive and everyday I have to take the med, my allergies seems not getting better but getting worse everyday. New kind of allergies emerge on me more, I even stared to be allergic to plastic and that was how worse it is.

Fed up with all the allergies I have, I tried Google for Chinese Medicine, but It's too complicated for me to understand. So I started to Google for Vitamin instead and to my surprise some Vitamin is good for allergy people. I started to get some well know brand that's not too costly, coz really, never eat anything you can't trust. Vitamin C is the most I take plus other Vitamin, I took them slowly to test myself if I will be allergy to them and once confirm I'm not I took double dosage for all the Vitamin until I finish around two bottle then I slowly stop taking so much and I only took them once or twice every week, and to my surprise it worked. My allergy start to disappeared. I did not take those Vitamin for long term because I think the body would somehow adjust to it then it may never work like it use to, so I slowly cut them down but i still take them but not everyday.

Now all my allergies cured, I'm not sneezing and don't have runny nose anymore, all thanks to Vitamin. So I would like to say, the best remedies is natural remedies and if can combine them with modern medical it will be best. I saw it in Sg TV that Singapore already combine Chinese and Western Medicine to treat people, but what surprise me is that many doctors here in my Country don't believe in Vitamin, only nutritionist believe in Vitamin. 


But I always believe too much of anything is bad for health. So my advise to everyone is to take Vitamin, but not to be obsess with it and DO NOT buy brands that is not recognize by the Government, do not take Vitamin that will make you allergy to them, buy only brand that you trust, and always remember, not all Vitamin is worth buying coz some just do nothing to your body and you will end up wasting your money. Anything on Vitamin that you feel suspicious, Google it or bring the Vitamin to another license primacies or nutritionist to check them out. Never let people sweet talk you into buying Vitamin, coz some Vitamin you just simply don't need it.

Good practice of taking Vitamin is good for your health, but always remember Vitamin is not miracle. Here is some Vitamin worth buying, Omega 3, Vitamin D, B12. I do think so too that's worth buying but I would like to add in Q10 and Vitamin C and once in a while if I think I may fall sick I will take some Garlic Vitamin, and enzyme also once in a while to cleanse my system, remember you do not need to take a lot of different kinds of Vitamin, just know what you need will be enough, If you have allergies, then Google for Vitamin that helps in allergies, and once you are cured you may need to cut down on those Vitamin, coz what I understand some Vitamin if you take long term maybe it may harm your body rather than help it. Buy brand you trust with Local Government approval. Live a good life and eat health is the best way, no more process food ya, take care.

3 Supplements Worth Buying


Pop open any medicine cabinet these days and, nestled between your cherry cough syrup and shaving cream, you're likely to find an array of over-the-counter dietary supplements. In fact, more than half of Americans currently take supplements ranging from multivitamins to minerals to herbs. Consumer Reports says the industry is 27 billion dollars strong and growing.

But, despite our obsession—when put to the test—health experts say many supplements fail to live up to their health claims and some may simply be a waste of money.

[Related: Natural Remedies to the 5 Most Prescribed Drugs]

"It's cheaper and healthier to get your nutrients through your foods. Plus there are few if any studies that suggest taking supplements will actually make you any healthier. And keep in mind, the supplement industry is very loosely regulated, so it's easy to fall prey to marketing," says Brierley Wright R.D., Nutrition Editor atEating Well.

Of course, there are some exceptions. If you happen to be pushing your cart down the popular supplements aisle, here are three kinds experts say may actually be worth buying.

Omega 3

Unless you're eating fish two or three times a week you're probably not getting enough Omega 3, those fatty acids found commonly in fish and plant oils. When shopping, look for DHA and EPA, essential fatty acids that stand for docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid. "DHA and EPA can help prevent heart disease and depression and promote a healthy brain, so this is why we recommend taking this supplement daily," says Wright.

[Related: How to Ditch Cable]

Vitamin D

Also known as the sunshine vitamin, vitamin D, has been linked to improving your heart's health and, like calcium, treating bone loss. If you live in the Northeast, you may not be getting enough vitamin D throughout the year, especially if you wear sunscreen. A supplement may be your best bet.

B12

Finally, if you're a vegetarian or vegan, you may want to pick up a bottle of Vitamin B12, which helps your body convert fat into energy. This is naturally found in meat, poultry, eggs and dairy. "Getting enough B12 is also critical for normal brain function. This is particularly important if you're over the age of 50 because you're not absorbing as much of the nutrients from your food as you were when you were younger," says Wright.

Before making a purchase, make sure to consult with your doctor. Shop at reputable stores and check for quality by looking for a seal of approval from one of the non-profit groups that reviews supplements such as The United States Pharmacopeia and NSF International.
http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-113866-11840-3-3-supplements-worth-buying

1 comment:

Chester Lim said...

wao! this post is really useful ;) thank you!

Refer free trafic to your site (^.^)

This site is about fun stuff that i have encounter, life of me & others, good food,good song & music, good MTV & lyrics, funny video, designer toys like Qee & bearbrick & others fun toys, things about the environment and Recycle & everything under the sun